Wednesday, July 15, 2009

15 years ago today...

We buried my gram. It still hurts even after all this time. As irrational as it is I will always wonder if I could have kept her with us just a little bit longer. She wanted to live to see her first grandchild graduate from high school. I graduated June 11, 1994. She passed July 13, 1994. Sometimes I wish I could go back for just one more day with her. Going up after school to help carry in wood for the stove. Vacuuming the dog hair from the rug under her table because Jaime, her alaskan malamute, was always leaving hair behind. Heading down to the basement to get a jar of gram's homemade sour pickles...yummy! Her homemade tomato soup...never have been able to find anything tasting as good. And darning socks...she never just threw anything away. Was a child from the depression era. She taught me how to darn socks. By the time you threw away a sock it had more stitching than it did original material. I miss her so much. But will never ever regret taking care of her and being with her right up to her very last breath. We all still miss & love you gram. You'll never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment